Saturday, July 10, 2010

Birds of the Air

Yesterday I went to visit a friend who lives out in the country on a farm. She has beautiful flower gardens and a gorgeous yard and as we sat outside I was fascinated by all the birds. She told me about the pine siskins, the purple martins, the finches, the woodpeckers, the sparrows and the wren that's made a nest in one of her little bird houses. The mama wren scolded us as we sat on the deck because we were in the way of her flight line to feed her young. In the evening I saw the brilliant yellow finches come by to the bird feeder. What a beautiful colour they are! I could become a birder yet!
"Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable that they?... Therefore, do not worry about tomorrow... " (Matt.6:26, 34a)

In His care,
Sandra

No comments:

Post a Comment