Sunday, August 22, 2010

Memories

It was a wonderful cruise! We got in this morning at 7:00 a.m. but of course, you can't all get off the boat right away. What a great week away! Last night at the supper table in the dining room we saw a whale right by the ship! Amazing! Seeing the Mendenhall Glacier in Juneau was a highlight. Those glaciers are so huge and so majestic! Listening to the roar as chunks of ice break off is incredible! Watching porpoises jump in the ocean was awesome. Walking around Saxman Totem Park in Ketchikan in some rare moments of sunshine was memorable. Getting a chocolate on your pillow before bed each evening was just plain decadent. Tonight I get to sleep in my own bed again but I won't be rocked gently to sleep by the waves (and no chocolate, either). Oh well, it's good to be on terra firma once again. It was a holiday I won't soon forget!

Love, Sandra

1 comment:

  1. If I were anywhere near you, I'd bring over some chocolates just so you could put them on your pillow for each evening! Course, I suppose they'd probably get eaten at earlier times in the day too and not really last very long. :) So glad you enjoyed a good trip!

    ReplyDelete