Sunday, October 3, 2010

God's timetable

This morning when I came home from church I read our church "magazine." In it there was a quote that really said it all: "The promise of the kingdom is not that we shall escape the hard things but that we shall be given grace to face them, to enter into them, and to come through them. The promise is not that we shall not be afraid. It is that we need not fear fear." What a comfort; what a promise! How true! As I've faced various family hardships, as I've worked at being back at school, as I've adjusted to my "new" normal, I know that I'll be given grace to come through it all. God's timetable is so different than our own, but He knows us and He loves us and He'll hold us in the palm of His hand.
This week is a short teaching week because we have teacher's convention on Thursday and Friday. I can't believe it's already October. The first month of school is already over! Have a good week.

Resting in Him,
Sandra

No comments:

Post a Comment