Saturday, December 19, 2009

Through the Tough Times

We had a wonderful celebration of mom and dad's 55th wedding anniversary on Thursday. We enjoyed a delicious dinner and had a relaxing evening just visiting together. Yesterday I brought my sister and brother-in-law back to the airport and then drove to school to attend the Christmas chapel. It was so good to see the students and after chapel I managed to make a visit to every classroom. How absolutely delightful that was! Of course, it also made me wish I could be teaching again but I will have to be patient.
Today I received a card with a beautiful verse. Let me share it with you because it says what I want to say.
When we are going through tough times in our lives, Jesus doesn't stand on the outside of our difficulties. He is in the midst of each thing we walk through in life. He is there to speak peace to us, to calm the storm, to assure us of victory, and to walk with us into a new day." (Roy Lessis)
I'm clinging to that promise - that He will walk with me now and always into each new day.

In Christ alone,
Sandra

No comments:

Post a Comment