Saturday, April 17, 2010

More Concerts

A week later and I'm going to another VSO concert tonight! I'm very excited about it - tonight is a concert with acrobats and jugglers, called Cirque de la Symphonie. Sounds good, eh? I wonder how they'll combine the circus with symphonic music!
Last evening I heard Brahms German Requiem - a gorgeous musical work! It was beautifully sung, and it always is better when you have your own connection to the music. I sang that work myself in a choir years ago, so I could sing along "in my head."
Just have to leave you with a quote that I read this morning: "Through surprise our inner eyes are opened to the amazing fact that everything is gratuitous. Nothing at all can be taken for granted. And if it cannot be taken for granted, it is gift." (D. Steindl-Rast)
May my life be open to the surprise of God's gifts each and every day!

Blessings,
Sandra

No comments:

Post a Comment