Thursday, December 27, 2012

A Big Change

Today I went to see both my oncologist and my G.P. We are going to change my chemo drug and if scheduling works out that would hopefully begin next week Friday. The new drug is Taxol and will be administered on a weekly basis through IV. So no more weeks off in between. I wonder if my body can keep that up. We shall have to wait and see. The drug is stronger but because it's weekly the dosage is lighter. The tumour marker rose significantly yet again and that's one of the big reasons for the drug change.
Not the best news to hear, but there's still reason for hope. We will just keep on praying for a miracle. We'll pray this new drug works. I'm standing on the promises of God - for strength, for hope, for courage to go on.
As the Song of Simeon proclaims, "Praise be to The Lord, the God of Israel, because He has come to His people and redeemed them." (Luke 1:68)

Immanuel-God with us.
Sandra

No comments:

Post a Comment