Sunday, November 15, 2009

The Lord is My Shepherd

Adjusting to the time change... three hours isn't a lot but enough to wake me up early this morning and now I'm so tired I just would like to sleep. I had a wonderful time in South Carolina and the flight home yesterday went smoothly. Good to be away and good to be home again. I am missing that warm Carolina sunshine, however. My time away helped me to forget that I've just gone through cancer again and it made me feel "normal." Does that make sense to you?
I bought a new piano book and was playing in it today. The book contains hymn tunes based on Psalm 23 as well as a variation on the melody by Bach called Sheep May Safely Graze.
"The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. He makes me lie down in green pastures. He leads me beside still waters. He restores my soul. He leads me in paths of righteousness for His name's sake." (Psalm 23: 1-3)

Tired but refreshed,
Sandra

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to hear all about your trip, Sandra! Are we still on for Wednesday? I hope so. Jenna and I are looking forward to visiting with you!
    Love, Alyssa

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad that you had such a great trip!!

    ReplyDelete