Thursday, January 7, 2010

Hard News

This is not an easy blog to write, nor is it one I wanted to write. I was hoping for much better news but the biopsy report was not good. A new cancer was found and I will have to undergo a second mastectomy. My oncologist called me yesterday afternoon to tell me the news, and then I went to see my GP to make arrangements to see the surgeon next Tuesday morning. I hope to have the surgery in the next week or two - hopefully sometime before Jan. 22. My oncologist would like to move quickly but everything takes time.
I find this all very overwhelming and incomprehendable. I cannot understand why this is happening all over again. I'm trying not to think beyond the surgery for now, and stay focused in the here and now. I'm trying to live one day at a time knowing that "all of my days are held in God's hand."
Please continue to pray for peace and strength. Though I am unable to face large crowds right now, I'm very happy to have visits. The tears flow freely, but I know in my heart that God is upholding me and guiding my every step, even in these very tough days. What would I do without Him in my life?

Sandra

3 comments: