Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Another Speed Bump

Today I had two doctor appointments - one with my oncologist and one with my GP. We are changing my pain medication so hopefully the nausea and vomiting will decrease. It's a stronger drug but I need less of it. I hope and pray it works well and causes less distress in my body. One very disappointing item today was my tumour marker. It made another huge leap. My onc. is not so sure this chemo drug is working well by itself so we may tack on a new chemo drug. If we do that it will be a more aggressive drug with more side effects. Oh dear...not what I wanted to hear. For this next round we will stick to the chemo drug I'm on right now and not rock the boat - just yet.
God knew I needed this blessing for this week: "May our Lord Jesus Christ Himself and God our Father, who loved us and by His grace gave us eternal encouragement and good hope, encourage (my) heart and strengthen (me) in every good deed and word." (2 Thess. 2:16-17). What a rich blessing! God alone can give us all the good hope we need to carry on day by day and step by step. May we all be encouraged and strengthened through His grace.

In His grace,
Sandra

1 comment:

  1. You inspire my faith, Sandra. God has you in his embrace.

    Suzie

    ReplyDelete