Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Hope and Cheer

Today my sister went for her first cancer clinic consultation. She will need 6 rounds of chemotherapy each three weeks apart but they will wait another 2 weeks or so to give her more time to heal from her surgery. After their consult Audrey and Joe came over for lunch and we compared notes. In some respects we're pretty similar, but in other things we're very different. Well, that's how we are as sisters, too. In some ways we're a lot the same and in other ways we're very different, right, Audrey? She will receive 2 drugs the same as me, and 2 different ones.
I'm feeling OK but my stomach has been more upset and I've had a headache this afternoon. At least I know my body is fighting on its own this time, without the help of any antibiotics. Keep going, little neutrophils. You can do it!!
Here's a verse someone wrote in a card for me and I want to share it with you, too.
"When doubts filled my mind, Your comfort gave me renewed hope and cheer." Ps.94:19

Hoping in Him,
Sandra

No comments:

Post a Comment