Friday, June 26, 2009

A very full day!

This morning I went to see my own doctor since I needed more pain medication. He asked if it was effective and I said it wasn't totally taking the pain away. He said that I am not up to the full strength of the drug so we are continuing the same drug and I am going to slowly increase it until the pain goes away without me having to take additional Tylenol 3's. I am hoping we can soon reach pain-free days because today was a pretty pain-full day again and I had difficulty walking well.
I joined my school staff for our end of the school year lunch. It was good to see everyone, but unfortunately I couldn't stay long because I had to go for a radiation treatment. It was very emotional to be with my staff. It reminded me so much of the teaching time I had missed this year and how much I missed them all. [Sorry, I snuck out on you, ACES staff - it was just too hard to say goodbye.]
My radiation treatment went smoothly and quickly today. The technicians didn't need to take any more pictures - they strictly did the treatment and I was done in 30 minutes. That's how quickly it should go from now on. That's fast, eh? I was back in room #3 - which is my treatment room so I didn't get to see any new ceiling pictures.

Love, Sandra

2 comments:

  1. It was just lovely to see you....You do look amazing!! You and that lovely smile of yours....a blessing to us all....thank you so much for making the effort...even if I only got to see you just for a minute it was so worth it! Enjoy the happy sun today!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw man, no cool ceiling pictures! Maybe next time!

    ReplyDelete