Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Saline Soaks and Less Fog

Today was full with two appointments. First of all I went for a radiation appointment this morning and the technicians thought my skin was a little too red. So they recommended that I see a nurse for a saline soak. That's what I did after the radiation and it sure felt soothing and cool on my skin. I have to give myself saline soaks 3-4 times a day for the next two weeks to keep the skin clean and hydrated. Then this afternoon I went to see my cancer doctor and we talked about what's ahead. He's very pleased with how I am doing as far as the breast cancer is concerned and says things are looking good, except for the pain in my legs (neuropathy) as a result of one of the chemo drugs. He has no quick solution for that problem. He says it can take months for that to go away. Because I am already 2 months past chemo and am still struggling with the pain, he is concerned that it may be around for awhile yet. He suggested a new dosage of the pain medication so my head is less foggy, and hopefully I'll be able to drive around some.
As of today, I now begin 5 years of taking a pill every day to wipe out any residue of breast cancer left in my body. I hope I will not have any side effects from that drug. Tomorrow I have my last radiation treatment!!!!! That will definitely mean a celebration coming up!!!

Celebrating already,
Sandra

1 comment:

  1. Well...I'm sure glad that your day went well. I thought of you a number of times. Count me in on those celebrations!!! Wishing you blessings on your last treatment. I'll give you a call on Friday...or Thursday night if I'm not back too late.

    Have a good rest of the week.
    Love,
    Jeanette

    ReplyDelete