Friday, June 29, 2012

Hide and Seek

What should have been a routine CT scan turned into a 3 and a half hour painful search for a vein. When I went into the radiology department this morning they needed a vein for the dye that they use for a CT scan. My veins went on strike and could not be found. They looked in my arm, my hand, and my feet. Nothing! It was pretty awful being poked over and over again. When a vein was finally found it was extremely tiny so they had to drip the dye through it in the slowest pace they could go, and even that was excruciatingly painful. It was not a fun morning and now my right hand is going to look like a bruised pin cushion.
The afternoon was all about relaxing and resting and recuperating from the morning ordeal and now I'm feeling much better again. I kept a cold compress on my hand so hopefully that will keep the swelling down. Definitely time for a port line of some kind.
My sister just left this evening and my niece is here with me now. Thank you, staff, for the beautiful bouquet of flowers and your card of kind words. Thank you, everyone, for prayers and love and concern.

God is ALWAYS present - even on the tough days.
Sandra

No comments:

Post a Comment