Monday, June 18, 2012

Hospital Visit #?

When I got up this morning I realized that my breathing was very poor and shallow. Needless to say, I could not teach today. Instead I went to emergency to have my left lung drained. It was a very, very painful procedure today, unlike last time four months ago. The fluid drained too quickly and there was so much that it caused me great discomfort. A total of 1400 ml. of fluid was taken off the left lung so I can breathe better again but the lung is so very tender and sore. I'm trying to take some deep breaths to help the healing process. I am not alone tonight. My oncologist came by to see me in emerg.(she's so wonderful) and said I could not be alone tonight. Maybe tomorrow I will start my chemo. Please pray that I will sleep restfully and peacefully tonight and the left lung will heal quickly.

Assured in God's loving care,
Sandra

1 comment:

  1. Dear Sandra
    So while I'm thinking about you teaching and praying you'll have a great class, you are instead)experiencing a painful lung draining. Sandra, even though you and we know that a loving Heavenly Father holds your hand each step of this journey and cares for you deeply, my heart still felt very heavy and sad for you when I read your post. Praying that today's sunshine will give you strength. { }

    ReplyDelete