Sunday, June 10, 2012

True Faith

"True faith is...a deep-rooted assurance created in me by the Holy Spirit through the gospel that, out of sheer grace earned for us by Christ, not only others, but I too, have had my sins forgiven, have been made forever right with God, and have been granted salvation." (Heidleberg Catechism #21). That statement just hit me this morning in church and gave me such comfort. "Blessed assurance, Jesus is mine."
Tomorrow is a big appointment day. I think I'll be in the hospital most of the day. Lab work at 9:00 a.m., then a visit with my oncologist, and then a left stent removal procedure at 12:30 p.m. Please pray that all will go well and that removing the stent, which is not working anyways, will also free me from the kidney pain. With that pain gone I could possibly go off the morphine, which I would very much like to do.
God's blessings to you in this new week. May you experience the joy and assurance of salvation daily.

Love in Christ,
Sandra

No comments:

Post a Comment