Monday, February 16, 2009

New Progress

As I write this, Sandra is folding laundry. I feel guilty letting her do that, but she asked to be given that task. All instructions from the doctor and nurses are that the healing will go much faster if she uses her arms as much as possible. So this is good therapy.

Today has been such a great day! After another 11 hour night of sleep, this morning she was able to walk around and water the plants (more therapy) and then took a bath. That works with just a tiny bit of water in the tub, as long as the surgical wound stays dry. She managed to stay awake all morning and has only had one long nap this afternoon. Again record progress. She did stay in bed after all of that activity, finding that simple tasks are still very tiring. But all of these are steps in the right direction for which we are very thankful!

(by Ardie)

2 comments:

  1. Sandra, I knew you liked doing laundry, but I didn't know that you loved it this much! I'm so glad to hear that you are getting stronger each day. Maybe Corinna and I can pop in later in the week???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sandra,
    I have been praying for you! So glad to hear that you are up and about so much already. Do you feel like visitors? I would love to come by this week if you are up for it. Otherwise, next week?

    ♥ Sarah

    ReplyDelete