Thursday, March 29, 2012

Thinking Out Loud

Yesterday a friend (thanks, A) introduced me to a children's book about a cat walking in different coloured shoes, depending on different circumstances. I was struck by the moral at the end of the book: "No matter what you step in, keep walking along and singing your song....because it's all good." (Eric Litwin). Then as I read a devotional this morning the author talked about the best day not depending on what I've done in a day but rather on who I am in Christ. I think of myself so often as a music teacher and I love to plan what I can do in a day. I am easily discouraged when I can't do what I want to do. It is in Christ that we live, and move, and have our being. In the circumstances that I am in now, I can only keep walking along, singing God's song because I live in Him. That doesn't mean it's always easy, and that doesn't mean I don't need a reminder every day, but I know that I go with my Saviour, step by step, singing in His loving care. And thanks for the concert today, C. You helped me keep on singing in His steps.

Love,
Sandra

No comments:

Post a Comment