Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Kidney Infection

Yesterday afternoon I had my first injection of the new chemo drug. The power port worked SO well! The pin prick going in was so minute it didn't really qualify as pain. What a treat! I was done in an hour and returned home.
And then.... I ended up back in the hospital last night. As the doctor put it - I had a "rip-roaring" kidney infection. I was put on a round of IV antibiotics, and at 2 a.m. I was able to go home. My vital signs had returned to normal again and the fever was gone. Now I have to return each day to the hospital for antibiotic IV therapy. I went this afternoon and it only takes a half hour. I do have a fever again tonight but it's not as high as last night so I'm praying it will go away. My lungs are also filling up with fluid again so the doctor suggested I get them drained this week.
Day by day, moment by moment...
Just relying on the promises of God.

Love,
Sandra

P.S. Thank you for the visits and thanks, girls, for the baking!! Yum, yum!!

No comments:

Post a Comment