Wednesday, May 27, 2009

To God be the glory!

This morning I went for blood work and to see my oncologist. Both visits went well, although it took an extra poke to get blood this time. My neutrophils and white blood count were nice and high again, thanks in part to the antibiotics, so I'm hoping there will be no episode with infections this time. I am on track for my LAST chemo treatment tomorrow (Thursday) morning at 10:30 a.m. The oncologist couldn't say why the infections continue to come, nor how to stop them, but he's hoping this will be a good round, as was my second round. That's what we will pray for, right? About four weeks after tomorrow I will begin radiation for 23 days so I will have an appointment with the radiation oncologist in the next couple of weeks. My oncologist also couldn't say why the nausea has been worse this last time around; all I can do is keep popping the anti-nausea medication consistently. One more round just sounds so good to me - the oncologist said the radiation should be easier on me. That would be wonderful!! I'm just thankful that I have been able to continue through with the chemo on schedule. Thanks again for all your prayers. Like a friend just said to me when she called this afternoon from Ontario, "We'll give God all the credit!" To God be the glory, great things He has done!

Grateful, truly grateful,
Sandra

2 comments:

  1. That is such good news! One more round--let's party after this! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto to Ardie's comment! PTL!!!

    I hope the rest of your afternoon goes well:).

    Jeanette

    ReplyDelete