Wednesday, March 4, 2009

All is well!

Thank you for praying! It's the little blessings I so appreciate! My surgeon looked at the wound this morning and though there is some fluid build-up causing the swelling, he said that is normal and it should go away in the next couple of weeks. If not, I should see him again, but for now nothing needs to be done. Yeah! I now have peace of mind and I know that right now the wound looks good. I was so worried the doctor would be upset with me for bothering him with trivial things but instead he was apologetic to me for keeping me waiting. My surgeon and all nurses at the office and the hospital have been so kind and for that I am extremely grateful!
It's Audrey's birthday (my younger sister who was also diagnosed with breast cancer). She goes in for her surgery tomorrow morning. Please pray for her and her family as they walk this road, too. She'll be in the Langley Hospital overnight.
Now I better go and get ready for my Trinity Western lecture tonight. I'm going to teach my course at TWU this evening again for the first time since my surgery. Jeanette will drive me there and take me home again so I won't have to do the 30 minute drive myself. I hope it goes well. I'm excited to be in the classroom for a few hours and I'm thrilled to feel like I have the energy to do it. Thanks be to God for His blessings over and over! They are certainly new every morning!

Love, Sandra

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad that everything's okay! It's great news that everything is alright. I hope you continue to heal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for Audrey today...

    Sandra, you amaze me! You taught last night? Wow! How did it go? That's great that JEB could go with you. Glad to read that all went well with the surgeon's visit the other day... yes, he is a great Doctor! I concure!!! Thanks for tea and goodies last Friday... it was great to catch up and see that you are doing so well. Take care!
    ♥ Sarah

    ReplyDelete