Monday, March 23, 2009

Whiter than snow...

With a new blanket of snow and the sun shining brightly, it's been another good day here in Lacombe. My sister, Sharon, and I went out for a walk this afternoon. The sun was so bright on the snow I really could have used my sunglasses. We just finished supper and Thumper has been fed. Thumper is the cutest little black pet rabbit with the softest, shiniest fur. So cute!
My sister, Audrey, received word that her second surgery will be on Thursday, April 2. We're thinking of you and praying for you and your family, Audrey. Yesterday morning at church here in Lacombe, the pastor painted a picture of Jesus kneeling down beside us, embracing us in His arms. It was such a comforting image and even though I don't understand any of this, I know God is with us every step of the way. "To God be the glory, great things He has done."

In His arms,
Sandra

2 comments:

  1. Glad you are having a good time on your trip, Sandra!
    Also, I wanted to say that I'm praying for Audrey, too! Blessings to both of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Fear not for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name; you are mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze." Isaiah 43: 1b and 2.

    Sandra, I pray that as you begin the next step of this road tomorrow that you will take comfort in knowing that you are in the hands of the one who knows your name and claims you as his own. May you be filled with courage, strength and peace for what tomorrow holds.

    Love,
    Jeanette

    ReplyDelete